Since it is the start of one of our favorite times of year…apple season, we thought, what better way to start it than an applesauce recipe!
Applesauce is so easy to make on your own and can be used in many different recipes in place of eggs, butter, oil, etc to give a moist and delicious flavor! Sometimes we add applesauce to our mugcakes or pancakes for the perfect texture!
While there are many different flavors you can add to applesauce, you can really just use one simple ingredient; apples! And the cooking instructions aren’t much more difficult than your ingredient list!
- apples (your choice of variety)
- optional: cinnamon, stevia, sugar, honey, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, vanilla, cloves….
- We like to core the apples and leave the skin, but you will get a smoother texture if you remove the skin, so this is up to you!
- Next, simply cook the apples down until they are soft-we cook at a low temperature to preserve more nutrients!
- During this cooking time, you would add in your desired flavorings, but we typically just keep it simple with just apples.
- Once the apples are soft, puree them in your blender or food processor until creamy, and you’re DONE!
- We usually make small batches and keep them in the refrigerator, but if you are into canning, then you could make large batches and can the applesauce to have for later too!