Valentines Day Fun!
I love Valentine’s Day! I’m not gonna lie, I love having an excuse to make cute candies, eat chocolate, and spread some love! I definitely don’t think that we need one day a year to honor our lovers and loved ones and show them how much we care…this should be something we are constantly doing. However, I do like the excuse to do something a little extra! All of these treats are great ways to show your loved ones that you love them! Not only are they delicious and adorable, but they have lots of fabulous ingredients that are healthy for your body!
Raw Chocolate Hearts
I found these adorable little silicone molds at michael’s after valentines day last year and I love them!
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 3 tbps raw cacao
- 2 tbsps mesquite powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch himalayan pink sea salt
- Optional: raw shredded coconut, raw almonds, mulberries, goji berries, etc!
- Melt coconut oil and honey on a low heat.
- Mix together dry ingredients and then add them to the melted coconut oil and honey.
- Mix together and place the liquid into molds.
- Now you can add whatever you desire into the molds as well!
- I made a few with coconut flakes, almonds, and mulberries!
Raw Coconutty Vanilla truffles
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tbsps coconut flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or the inside of 1 vanilla bean pod!
Directions: Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth! Roll them into balls and melt chocolate to dip them in, add raw cacao nibs, or drizzle chocolate over the top…get creative! 🙂
Chocolate Covered Protein Truffle BALLS
- Your favorite chocolate (or vanilla) protein powder
- almond butter
- honey..or dates
- sea salt
- DARK chocolate…at least 70%
- Blend almond butter and protein powder together…I didn’t measure, but just look for a consistency that can be rolled into balls! If you used vanilla protein powder, you will need to add unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao!
- Add about a tbsps of honey (or 2 soaked dates), depending on how sweet your protein powder is…this will also help with consistency.
- Add a dash of sea salt to bring out sweetness.
- Roll the batter into balls, melt your chocolate, dip the balls in, and place them on parchment paper to dry! These are so rich and filling!
FUN TIP! Rose petals are edible and obviously one of the most popular flowers on valentines day. You could add rose petals to the tops of these chocolates to make them even more sexy and romantic! Just make sure you buy organic roses if you want to eat the petals because flowers are sprayed heavily with pesticides and herbicides…ew!