My FAVORITE pre-workouts…one might surprise you!
I used to be super against pre-workout drinks because of all of the crap that they contained. However, when I found two that were packed with vitamins, contained no artificial sugars or other artificial ingredients, and used caffeine from green tea, I decided to give them a try!
I must say that after trying this out, I was completely hooked. It really does give you amazing energy and recovery time in the gym. However, that does not mean that you have to have a pre-workout to get in a great workout! I use these to help me get a little extra out of my workout and push me harder, or if I am feeling a little more sluggish on a certain day…yes, I will admit it, sometimes my energy is not through the roof and I need a little pre-workout motivation.
AUX by About Time
- About Time is a great brand that prides itself on using no fillers or artificial ingredients in any of their products.
- AUX is sweetened with stevia and flavored naturally with fruit extracts
- It uses caffeine from 3 great sources; guarana extract powder, yerba mate powder, and green tea extract powder.
- It contains vitamin C, B6, and B12 to energize and restore.
- It also contains the amino acids ;-histidine, l-citrulline, and beta alanine which have been studied for their ability to increase muscle performance!
- Lastly, it contains GlycoCarn and red beet juice powder which has been shown to increase blood levels of nitrate/nitrites, which helps increase blood flow during exercise, helping your muscles recover more quickly between sets.
- AUX has zero calories!
- Gnarly is another brand that I love due to their passion for bringing supplements that contain nothing artificial!
- Gnarly pump uses caffeine from green tea extracts, contains vitamin C, and the amino acids l-argining and l-citrulline.
- It also contains creatine which supplies energy to all cells, but primarily muscles. This helps you gain strength and work harder in the gym.
- Lithoththamnion clcareum
- This supplement contains 4 grams of carbohydrates, 14 calories, from its flavoring ingredients; grape skin powder, natural cranberry fruit flavor, natural wild strawberry fruit, etc.
- Beets have recently been gaining a lot of popularity for more than their typical health benefits. People have become excited about using beet juice as an extremely all natural and non-stimulant pre-workout!
- Beet juices increased your bloods nitrates/nitrites which improves your athletic performance. A study done in 2009 showed that increased nitrates helped people exercise 16% longer because of its ability to reduce oxygen uptake. This makes exercise less tiring!