lemon poppyseed mugcake
I LOVE lemon poppyseed muffins, especially that delicious lemon glaze they typically have on top!
Last night, as I was rummaging through the spice drawer, I saw some poppy seeds and I was ecstatic to try a new recipe out! And…it was a COMPLETE success…this might be my new favorite breakfast, snack, dessert, whatever!!
I love that all of my mugcakes can be made dairy free by incorporating applesauce or pumpkin puree, but I must say I love the greek yogurt…especially as a topping!
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 scoop perfect fit protein
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 tbsps egg whites
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt (substitute with applesauce or pumpkin puree to make it dairy free)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 dropper-ful of lemon stevia (you can also use 1 pack stevia and add more lemon juice!)
- 3 tbsps water
- Combine all dry ingredients, mix.
- Add wet ingredients, mix.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
- After it cools squeeze the juice of a lemon slice over the top of the cake
- Top with greek yogurt, honey, coconut nectar, or whatever your heart desires!!
To make a “glaze,” you could mix lemon juice, water, and stevia until desired consistency, OR you could combine lemon juice and honey, OR you could combine protein powder with lemon juice and water!
- Calories: 154
- Fats: 5.1 grams
- Carbs: 10.4 grams
- Fiber: 5.5 grams
- Protein: 17 grams