Today is Saturday…or for me, squaterday! I wanted to share this bootie blasting workout with you all because it focuses on my favorite muscle group…HAMSTRINGS…and your ass. Who doesn’t want a nice ass? Try this out to get your toosh ready for summer!
First, warm up for 10-20 minutes…I typically bike or walk on an incline!
Weighted squats on smith machine
- Warm up with light weight and then do 4 sets of 12 squats with moderate weight. Pause at the bottom on the last rep of each set and come up slowly to really engage your glutes.
- I like to do squats on the smith machine because it is safer if you don’t have a spotter and you can also go lower and really push into your heels and use your glutes and hamstrings to push yourself up!
Single leg weighted lunges on smith machine
- Perform 3 sets of 12 reps per leg. On the 12 rep of each set do 10 small pulses at the bottom of the rep.
- After each set do 20 kick back pulses to tire out the glute.
- Perform 2 sets of 12 repetitions. On the last 2 reps of each set hold at the top for 3 seconds to strengthen the muscles around your knee and then slowly release.
- Perform 2 sets of 10 repetitions at a higher weight
Weighted bench lunges
- 3 sets of 15 reps per leg
- This exercise utilizes a bench and really kills your hammies and bootie
FST-7 seated hamstring curls
- This completely tires out your hamstrings…they will be screaming
- Do 7 sets of 15 repetitions to burn out your hamstrings. Take a couple of breaths in between each set, but only rest for about 30 seconds.
- Complete 10 box jumps, then immediately do 10 jumping lunges.
- Take a 30 second break and repeat this 3 times!
- Finishers are short and intense…similar to HIIT and give you a short burst of cardio at the end to really tear your muscles down!