Pumpkin Pie Protein Bars!
When I was cleaning out my fridge before a road trip to Colorado, I accidentally made these AMAZING bars out of some pumpkin puree and homemade applesauce that I needed to use. These ended up being SO delicious, so I was glad I wrote down the recipe.
The picture shows me snacking on one in the car with raw cashew butter on top!
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 1/2 cup bob’s red mill gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1 scoop perfect fit protein (raw, vegan, gluten free, organic brown rice protein powder)
- 1/2 scoop all natural french vanilla casein
- 1 scoop about time protein powder (whey isolate…bakes much differently than other protein powders)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cups applesauce
- 1 egg
- Blend together all ingredients
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes
- protein: 5.7 grams
- carbs: 8.9 grams
- fiber: 1.9 grams
- calories: 62